How to open port in isa 2004
From the description, I understand that you want to know how to open port
on ISA 2004. If I have misunderstood your concerns, please do not hesitate
to let me know.
AS I know, if you want to let the internal users accessing external
resource from specific port, you can create an Access rule as following:
1. Open the ISA 2004 management console. Navigate to Firewall Policy,
click it and select New->Access Rule.
2. Type a descriptive name for the access rule and click Next.
3. Choose Allow and click Next.
4. Under “This rule applies to” option, choose “Selected protocols” and
then select the protocol (if the protocol does not exist, you can new a
5. Click Ports and you can type the port and then click Next.
6. On the Access Rule Sources page, add “Internal” and click Next.
7. On the Access Rule Destinations page, add destination and click Next.
8. Apply this rule to the Users and Finish the Wizard.
9. Move this rule to the top.
If you want to let the external users accessing internal resource of SBS,
you can create a Server Publishing rule:
1. Open ISA console.
2. Expand Server name and then click Firewall Policy.
3. In the right pane, click tasks and then click Create New Server
4. Type the name of the rule and then click Next.
5. Click Browse and then click Browse.
6. Click Advanced and then click Find Now.
7. Select the computer you want to access from external network and then
8. Click Find and then click OK.
9. Then the IP of the machine will be listed in the related column.
10. Select the protocol the port hold on the client and then click Ports
and type the port number in Firewall Ports and Published Server Ports and
then click NEXT. If the protocol is not listed in the dropdown list, you
may need to create a new protocol for the port:
A. Click New on the current page.
B. In the wizard, input the name of the rule and then click NEXT.
C. Click New and then select the Protocol type, Direction and Port Range.
D. Click OK and then click NEXT.
E. Follow the wizard to finish it.
11. In the Listen for requests from these networks list, click to select
External and then click Address and select the appropriate option.
12. Click Ok and then click Next, and then click Finish.
For more information regarding ISA 2004, you may need to refer the
837831 How to permit non-Microsoft programs to connect to the Internet
through Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004
How to configure networks in ISA Server 2004
What’s New and Improved in ISA Server 2004
ISA Server 2004 Performance Best Practices
ISA Server 2004 Quick Start Guide
ISA Server 2004 ISA Server 2004 Configuration Guide
ISA Server 2004 Product Documentation
ISA 2004 Guidance
ISA 2004 best practices, Tips and Tricks:
Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Crina Li (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
Get Secure! – www.microsoft.com/security